Monday, June 6, 2011

A Mug of Tea with Jane Austen

I want to share something with all you beautiful people. I am a major Jane Austen fan. I can still remember the time when we were introduced. I was sixteen and Pride and Prejudice was one of the novels we had to tackle in English lit. From then on, I knew I will have a long-term relationship with her.

My fave novel is... surprise, surprise; Pride and Prejudice. I read it about 12 times a year, so that is once a month. (I'm soooo good at math!) so, 17 multiplied by 12 is that's how many times I've read it LOL! (so sooo good at math!) Why 17? I will let you figure out that one (wink wink)

Anyhu, I would like to show you how my Pride and Prejudice book looks like now...


I know, I know. This is my second book actually. The first one was lost when we moved from our old house to our house now. I got this brand new but now it looks vintage... antique... ancient!

I don't think I can part with it. Mr. T just shakes his head whenever he sees me holding it. To be honest, I read Pride and Prejudice whenever I need an escape from this world. It is a beautiful world but sometimes, we need to get away from reality and what better way to do this than to visit Jane's world.


I love the romance of Lizzy and Darcy, their stubbornness and of course their happy ending. Every time I read this novel, it's like I'm reading it for the first time. I find new things and by chapter 10 I cannot put the book down. That's my problem. I have to finish the book within the next couple of days. Yep, I didn't get my negative 450 eyesight genetically, Jane Austen helped a lot with that!

When Lizzy and Darcy met at Pemberly grounds! Whenever I read this passage, cant help but smile...

I just wanted to share something with all of you since I plan to escape this weekend after all my home organization is done, that means... a mug of tea (or two or three) with Jane Austen. Hope you all have a beautiful weekend :) and oh, don't you just love the smell of old books???

Update: Got through a few chapters of Pride and Prejudice during the weekend. Unfortunately, it was a very busy weekend for a mommy like me (getting ready for first day of school, grocery shopping, laundry day etc etc. Don't worry Jane, we will have a date again on Saturday, you can count on me. Anyone want to join us???

Sharing this over at

Go check out her beautiful blog...

3 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading too! I also love the smell of old books.

    Dee
    Your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're such hopeless romantics. This post rocks! I love Jane Austen stories too and movies too. Love your blog and thanks for following me. I'm you're new follower too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great romance. Thanks for sharing with my newbie party.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, love to know what you think (please be nice :)