Sunday, May 22, 2011

Free Stuff - Don't You Just Love It!

Don't you just love free stuff??? I do! yes sirrr-y! It doesn't really matter what it is as long as its free I'm happy to accept it.

About a month ago, my net provider, smart communications called and said that our contract will be expiring soon and would we like to renew. Of course we do because they are the only provider here in my area! I know the contract will expire in September so it is still a long way away. They wanted us to come in and sign some papers but it was Mr. T that answered the phone. You know how men are, meaning they really don't care about the little details so when I asked what they said, he just grunted "something about renewing contract and they want us to sign some papers now" so my reply was, that is just weird because September is more than a couple of months away. So I didn't give it a second thought. And besides, I needed to go down there the following week to pay so there's no hurry.

Well, well, well. When I went to pay, I was told that when they called they had a FREE cellphone to give to me if I renewed. Of course since I didn't, they gave it to someone else!!! Sheeeesh! But to cut a long story short, they said they will reserve my "retention giveaway" as soon as their head office has sent more. I was so gobsmacked coz the phone they were giving away was not half bad. It was a Samsung champ. It's not an iPhone or Blackberry but it is still decent for a FREE stuff. LOL. So I went home and hoped and hoped that it will still be the same kind of phone.

Oh well, IT'S NOT! they called the other day and this is their giveaway at this time :)


And here is my cellphone model... LOL :))

It's pretty to look at, yes. cute, yes. can it text, yes, call? yes. So IT IS a phone and a FREE phone at that so it is OK and I'm very grateful to Smart communications for giving me one! My next post will be about what happened to my old phone and how it broke my heart! So stay tuned.

Wishing you all contentment, subsequently HAPPINESS...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, love to know what you think (please be nice :)